Yarn, Kids and Horses

Just writings about life as a mom, including my 18 year old daughter who is bipolar; our horses and my love of all things yarn and knitting, especially socks!

Friday, May 09, 2008

The past month has been crap with Lex. I should be used to her highs and lows and her sometimes outrageous behavior and I am, as much as I can be, I think. But I just don't get why she doesn't think. Whatever sounds good at the moment she does, no though to the consequences. I know that is part of the bipolar, but she can think when she wants to. I have pure white hair coming in now, ughh. I think my nerves are shot. I cringe when the phone rings and it is her school or her worker calling. In the past 6 weeks she has been suspended from day treatment, cut, got caught doing something she definitely knows better than to do, got caught doing something else she shouldn't have, and I got a call that she was being taken to the hospital by ambulance 2 weeks ago. My heart stopped for a minute. Thankfully she's ok! She got into something she shouldn't have and got scared when she got so, so sick. I pray every day for her and for strength for the rest of us. She really is a good kid, with a good, caring heart. All of this just takes so much out the other kids and me and dh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home